Where were you on August 22, 1972? If you lived in Hamilton, you probably remember the opening of Jackson Square, one of Canada’s most ambitious downtown redevelopment projects. Jackson square continued to grow over the years, and has become the hub of downtown Hamilton. And now the first phase is turning 40! We will be celebrating with many events around the mall and some photo galleries of our shared past.
Come join in the celebration!
- Morning coffee receptions in the lobbies of 100 King Street West, 110 King Street West and 120 King Street West, from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Free public tours of the 21st storey of the tower at 100 King Street West.
- Live-to-air broadcasting on-location at Jackson Square by Bill Kelly on 900 CHML radio.
- A special anniversary gallery depicting the construction of Jackson Square at the King and James entrance.
- Printing and distribution of special anniversary tote bags containing special coupons for use at Jackson Square retailers.
- Live entertainment on the rooftop of Jackson Square.
- Hosting of the Start2Finish Event – a local community event where the people of Hamilton can volunteer to help pack 1,100 backpacks with school supplies for underprivileged local students.